Coaching Anger Management
Does this sound familiar? – A really well known and well-loved TV presenter on a famous TV show, viewed by millions of people all over the world gets ‘sacked’ from the show because him and his Producer have either anger management issues or strong egos, and end up in a fist fight.
The season ends, the presenter is replaced and the show goes on to new seasons, however the show is never the same again.
Call it lack of Anger Management, call it ego. Either way it can destroy relationships, careers, businesses and respect for one another.
Anger Management – Why you want to take necessary steps to manage anger:
- Anger builds up more and more over time and doesn’t go away without techniques to manage it
- The angrier you become, the more resentful you become which impacts on your life, and physical well being
- Anger affects all your relationships and can affect your career as per the example given above regarding the TV presenters
- Built up anger leads to stress and illness
How Anger can affect your life and your health:
Anger is one of the causes of stress and usually has an effect on our body and mind which results in an inability to adequately cope with stressful problems. Physical conditions which have anger as symptom are:
- Chronic pain,
- Physical disability
- Premenstrual Menstrual Dysphoric Disorder
- Temporal Lobe Epilepsy
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
How we go about the coaching process for Anger Management:
I use various processes that will assist you or your child/ren in achieving their desired outcomes through a variety of the most suitable tailor made unique techniques, which assist to observe behavioural and linguistic patterns through various processes of assessing:
- existing thoughts and emotions
- existing obstacles which stop us from doing what we want to do
- existing fears
- personal limitations and negative thinking
- the self-image
The most important outcome is for my client to overcome obstacles in order to reach preferred and desired goals.